Castle Kids Children's Church
We believe it’s important for families to worship God together with those of all ages and seasons of life. Our corporate worship time fits the dynamics of a multi-generational church – and children are welcomed voices in our praise.
During our 10:45 service, following the worship time and prior to the message, parents will have the opportunity to bring their preschool through kindergarten age child to Castle Kids Children’s Church. Our workers will provide a hands-on learning environment in which Bible lessons and activities are designed to meet the needs and abilities of this active age group.
If your child is…
- between the ages of three-years-old through Kindergarten
- potty trained
- comfortable being away from mom and dad without crying
- has no fever or runny nose
…he or she is ready to join us for Castle Kids and have fun learning about God.
Castle Kids Children’s Church meets in Room 201-S. (Follow the stairs located just outside the Chapel.)
Parents must escort their child to his or her small group area to check-in. As with our other children’s ministries, Castle Kids are assigned a KidSafe ID number and tag. Parents will be given the corresponding KidSafe ID card at check-in. The ID card must be shown in order for the child to be dismissed at the close of the service when parents return for their child.
Castle Kids Children’s Church reinforces and reviews the valuable lessons taught in Sunday School. We have customized our program and curriculum to create a common thread that runs through all of our Sunday morning children’s ministries. This provides a unique opportunity to build on a central theme for greater application and retention.
- Small Group - After check-in, children remain at their tables for an activity that focuses on the Bible lesson. small group activities include games, crafts, snacks, and interactive discussion. This time allows each child the opportunity to interact and build friendships with an adult leader and six to eight of their peers. Children will be dismissed to Large Group then later return to their small group tables for a brief activity as they wait for parents to arrive at the close of the service.
- Large Group – small groups come together for a time of kid-friendly worship through singing, prayer, and participation in the Bible Story. Activities and lessons are presented using multi-sensory teaching. Children stay engaged because they not only hear God's Word but also see, touch, taste, smell, and get involved in the learning process.